Generally whenever you type any Web or Email address on your Word documents you will automatically start seeing a Live hyperlink. This is a default setting of your Microsoft Word documents that every time you type any address of any Webpage or Email it will be a live hyperlink.
This live hyperlink will allow you to visit the given Web or Email address on your word documents by pressing “Ctrl” and click on the link to visit the web or email address but in some case you might want to turn off the default settings of live hyperlink on your Word 2013 because the bright blue hyperlinks are the one that will ruin your clean documents written.
This type of Live hyperlinks problem generally occurs when you copy paste any of the pages around the Web on your Word documents and the links on that documents goes automatically live and are color with bright blue.
And this could actually ruin your whole documents because who would like a piece of documents where there are links popping up everywhere on your documents.
But before we jump into the steps on turning off the live hyperlinks on your Word 2013 let’s take a look some history about this Word 2013. If you want to skip this part you can certainly go to the next part but it is always good to know more about things around you.
What is Word 2013?
The Microsoft Word 2013 is a new version of Microsoft Office the successor of Microsoft Word 2010 and this Word 2013 has many new features added to it such as domain login, Office 365 account, user can save documents directly to their SkyDrive and many other features.
But the problem of having your Hyperlink turn on can be problem for those who want to make their documents look clean & clear.
So here we will look into the tutorial on how to turn off your live hyperlink on the documents of your Word 2013.
Disable or Turn off Hyperlink on your Word 2013:
We will look into the steps you can follow to turn off the live hyperlinks from your words 2013 documents.
Turn Off Hyperlink One by One:
To turn off hyperlink one by one from each word of your documents on your words 2013 you need to follow the steps below.
- First of all you need to right click the live hyperlink.
- Now click on the “Remove Hyperlink” from the options.
- Now the link on the given word will be disabled.
Turn Off Hyperlinks Using Shortcut:
You can option to turn off your live hyperlink by using the shortcut method because it saves time and at once it will turn off all the hyperlinks of the given document and to do it you need to follow the steps below.
- First of all press Ctrl+A to select the whole word document.
- Now you need to press Ctrl+Shift+F9.
- Now all the underlying will be removed from your document.
It is very simple method to remove any of your live hyperlinks on your Word 2013.
Turn Off or Disable all the Hyperlinks:
You can even option to remove or turn off all your hyperlinks by once and by using this method you will not need to repeat the process and all your hyperlinks on your Word 2013 document will be turn off all at once and to do this you need to follow the steps below.
- First of all you need to open the document from which you want to turn off the hyperlink.
- Now click on the “File” option located at the left upper corner of your screen.
- Now you need to click on the “options” located at the bottom of the menu.
5. Now you need to click on the “Autocorrect options”.
6. Now you will need to select the “AutoFormat as you type” tab.
7. Now you need to unchecked the “Internet and network paths with hyperlinks”, as this option is gradually checked as default option on the words document and click ok.
8. Now you need to select the “AutoFomat” tab from the upper options.
9. Now you need to unchecked the “Internet and network paths with hyperlinks” of the “AutoFormat” tab and click ok.
So now all the live hyperlinks on your Microsoft word 2013 document will be deactivated or turn off and you will have a clean and classy document with no live hyperlinks in it.