To start off, let me tell you, WhatsApp does not store any data on their server. Rather, all the WhatsApp chats, shared files are stored on your device itself. If you wish to keep a backup on the cloud, you may do it manually and for that, you will need a third-party cloud storage space like Google Drive.
In this way, WhatsApp is keeping its server clean and lightweight and is one of the best WhatsApp features you might be unaware of. However, that’s not our concern today. From a user perspective, the main unease is how to remove WhatsApp junk files automatically and keep our device storage space junk-free.
We could save a lot of space by doing that. And the best thing is you don’t have to get things done manually, consuming much time and effort.
How to Remove WhatsApp Junk Files Automatically (Recommended for Android)
When do you feel that the WhatsApp useless files should be removed? Whenever your device gets heavy and starts legging? And, where do you think these WhatsApp junks come from? From WhatsApp Groups mostly.
WhatsApp groups are the main source of the hell of those junks, useless files, or files that already exist on your device yet being shared over and over again. And, you are receiving them unintentionally.
For the above problem, there is a simple solution to try out is Changing the Settings of Data Usage in WhatsApp. I have shared this method in this articles ending aspect.
Changing the Data Usage option won’t help you in all ways, though. Especially, when you share files to individual or group.
Yes, the files you share on WhatsApp are already present on your device. Yet, it gets stored in another form when you shared via WhatsApp.
In most of the cases, we opt to delete WhatsApp junk files manually. Although, this consumes a lot of effort and time; and definitely the right way to get things done.
So, here is the ultimate solution to identify and remove WhatsApp Junk files automatically. Your device is always kept light and clutter-free. Sounds good?
# Clean Master – Space Cleaner & Antivirus
Clean master is more than just a junk cleaner. It’s a complete package to keep your Android device safe from malfunctioning, hide your private photos, secure your Wi-Fi, run your device faster, cool down your device CPU, and of course to free up any kind of junk files on your Android device.
Clean Master Features in a Nutshell:
- It scans all the malicious files or apps, blocks or removes them from Android devices using a free anti-virus engine.
- The app comes with a Vault to keep your private or personal images hidden and safe from unauthorized access.
- It keeps unauthorized connections away from your Wi-Fi while it also keeps your device away from insecure/fake public Wi-Fi connections.
- The app also frees up your Random Access Memory (RAM) and help your device running faster and smoother.
- Clean master detects the background running apps that consume too much of device battery and save battery power.
- Junk files, Cache files or residual files are detected automatically and removed when you wish to do so.
- The app scans and clean junk files from browsers and social apps like Messenger, Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram. No worries of removing the wrong files anyway.
- The app regularly scans your device and notify you whenever an action is required.
Clean Master has a very decent user-interface and it works for free of cost. The app also comes in Lite version for low-end devices and another version for x86 CPU models.
If you are worried specifically about WhatsApp junk photos and looking a lighter app for your Android phone/tab, I have another app in mind that must suit your need perfectly.
# Siftr Magic Cleaner
Magic Cleaner is another reliable app for WhatsApp junk cleaning developed by an Indian startup, Fiftr. Magic Cleaner is specialized in detecting duplicate and other junk images from your social apps like WhatsApp, Telegram, Hike, Line, Viber, etc.
That app’s image recognition engine figures out which file is important or original and which is duplicate or junk. It takes action to remove the junk files when prompted. The app gets its job done in seconds and keeps your device junk-free.
As we all know that Prevention is Better Than Cure, I am sharing an additional guidance to make WhatsAppp prevented from downloading junk files. This is done is WhatsApp Data Usage Settings.
# How to Change WhatsApp Data Usage Settings to Prevent Junk Files Download
This method is extremely useful in keeping your device clean and WhatsApp junk-free. It is known to be one of the best WhatsApp tricks that will let you download only those files worth downloading from WhatsApp. It disables the automatic WhatsApp file downloading process so that no useless files are downloaded without your knowledge.
You may download the useful files manually and that takes only fractions of a second.
- Tap on the three dotted WhatsApp Settings Icon on top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “Settings” option from the bottom of the list.
- Now, tap on the “Data Usage” option.
- Under “Media auto-download” section, disable all the auto-downloads in options as such “When using mobile data,” “When connected on Wi-Fi,” and “When roaming.”
- Don’t forget to tap on “OK” button after disabling each media file options like Photos, Audio, Videos, and Documents.
Once this setting is done, every media file or documents you receive will be downloaded only when you tap on the downloading option over the file. This, only the required file is being downloaded and no additional junk file will suck up your device storage. This setting will also prevent your additional internet data-lose.
On the other hand, if you don’t want to take actions on downloading files, you can make the Data Usage settings changed according to your need. I personally prefer to keep the auto-download option enabled for “When connected on Wi-Fi” it does not bother me for mobile data balance. After all, the above-recommended apps are always helping me to keep my device free from junk files.