“India ka Smartphone, JioPhone is almost here!” — Reliance Jio has announced on their Tweeter asked for registration. The registration process is starting on 24th August and the phone will be available in limited number for beta testing from 15th August. JioPhone will be available for standard users from September onwards based on “first come first serve.” Thus, pre-booking for JioPhone will be a catch.
JioPhone may look like just another cheap keypad mobile we are familiar of. Regardless, JioPhone is a Smartphone supported with 4G VoLTE for free HD voice calling service and high-speed internet browsing. The effective price of JioPhone is another catch here, the price is Zero. Reliance Jio says the JioPhone is provided free of cost. However, avoid misuse of data, Jio is asking for a security deposit of Rs. 1,500 which is fully refundable. The deposited security amount during purchasing of JioPhone will be refunded after three years only in one condition. The phone has to be handed over to the Jio official.
How to Register for JioPhone
Reliance Jio has is providing a “Keep me posted” link that will lead to register for JioPhone. In each of service week, Jio is supposed to give away 5 million sets. Both individuals and businesses may grab the opportunity through registering for the device. As said, registration is open from 24th August onwards.
For Individual Registration: Individual users may pre-book for JioPhone in a very simplest way. All they have to do is provide their personal details in the registration form.
- Go to the Jio official site Jio.com.
- Click on the “Keep Me Posted” button located at JioPhoen banner.
- Select the “An Individual” option and fill the form with appropriate details as such Name, email, phone number, and Pincode.
- Accept the T&C and then hit “Submit” button.
For Businesses Registration: This process is also much like the previous one. Once on the registration form —
- Select “Business” option.
- Fill up the form with required details as such Contact Name, Company Name, Pincode, Pan Card Number, etc.
- Select the device type from JioPhone and JioFi.
- Select the number of devices required.
- Accept the T&C and then click on “Submit” button.
The initial step of Reliance Jio led by Mukesh Ambani has already managed to penetrate deep into the Indian Telecom industry so far. The current step of JioPhone will be making it even bigger that’s what we hope.