Chicken dish is everyone’s favorite and one of the mostly chosen non-vegetarian Indian dishes. If you want to eat chicken with different variation then our lists of top Indian Chicken Dishes with recipes will help you to prepare at home and enjoy the delicious chicken curry. Hope you will enjoy the chicken dishes of different variants.
The Indian recipes are really incredible especially when it comes to chicken dishes and other non-vegetarian dishes. There are several common chicken dishes that taste yummy and delicious like Chicken Kabab, Tandoori Chicken, Kadai Chicken, Chicken Butter Masala, etc. Well, scroll down to know the recipes of various chicken dishes which are really a kind of mouth watering dishes of India.
Lists of Top Indian Chicken Dishes You need to Know
#1: Teekha Murg
If you love spicy chicken dish then Teekha Murg will be the best choice for you. Teekha Murg is one of the popular spicy Indian Chicken Dishes. The recipe for this delicious Teekha Murg is simple.
- Heat a cooking pan on Stove with olive oil or ghee and add the ingredients like chicken, salt, garlic, ginger, tomato, green chili, black pepper, red chili, carom seeds, turmeric powder, coriander, garam masala, cumin seeds and nutmeg.
- Now, cook the chicken well and let the sauce dry.
- Now, turn off the stove and garnish the chicken with chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and chopped green chili to serve hot.
#2: Chicken Makhani (also called as Butter Chicken)
Well, who does not love this delicious chicken dish? Chicken Makhani is, of course, a favorite dish for the Indians and a popular dish from the Punjabi kitchen.
To make a yummy butter chicken or chicken makhani, follow the easy steps-
- First, you need to marinate chicken about an hour in the refrigerator in a bowl with added lemon juice, salt, yogurt, chili powder, and liquid smoke.
- Then mix the chicken with ginger, garlic paste, chili powder, lemon juice, butter, garam masala and oil and marinate it again for 3 to 4 hours.
- Then roast the chicken on your oven or stove with added marinade and butter. Roast the chicken until it is cooked properly.
- Now, on your stove heat the frying pan with butter. Then fry some spices about a minute.
- After that add salt, tomato puree, chili powder, sugar and the mix the masalas well.
- Now, you can add a cup of water, add almond milk, methi powder and keep it for boiling.
- Now, add chicken and cooked for about 5 minutes until it becomes tender and soft. You can also add garam masala, Kasuri methi for the best smell. You can also add some chilled cream and turn the stove.
- Lastly, garnish the chicken makhani with coriander leaves for best results. Enjoy the Chicken Makhani with family and friends.
#3: Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani
Hyderabadi Chicken Dum Biryani is one of the popular and famous Indian chicken dishes. The recipes to cook chicken Dum Biryani in Hyderabadi style are as follows –
- You need to marinate chicken by mixing ginger and garlic paste, green chili, lemon juice, yogurt and curd, red chili powder, biryani masala, salt, green cardamom powder, and turmeric powder.
- Wash rice properly and let it soak for about half an hour. After that, warm water in a utensil to cook rice.
- Now, add oil, salt to taste, spices. After that add rice until it is cooked well. But you need to make sure that your rice is mushy. Just drain the water properly.
- Heat a frying Pan and transfer the marinated chicken with added fried onions, mint, green chili, and coriander leaves along with oil or ghee. Mix them well.
- Now, start layering the cooked rice evenly over the chicken along with fried onions, coriander leaves, and mint and do not forget to sprinkle biryani masala for every step.
- Once the steps are complete, pour the saffron milk all over for color.
- Once it is done, you must cover with cloth or foil over the rim and cover the casserole with lid. After that place it on hot Tawa for about 20 minutes in low flame.
- Hyderabadi Dum Biryani is all set to serve hot with chopped coriander along with raita.
#4: Tandoori Chicken
Chicken Tandoori is another famous chicken dish of India generally a grilled drumsticks which are tender and juicy to taste. Tandoori chicken can be grilled over oven or charcoal grilling.
The process to make Tandoori Chicken is as follows.
- You need to wash properly the Chicken drumsticks.
- Add turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt and red chili powder and then marinate the chick drumstick overnight.
- Now mix red chili powder with oil. After that place the drumsticks on a tray and keep it for baked.
- Grill it until the chicken drumstick is cooked properly.
- For best flavor or to give a real Tandoori flavor, a charcoal grill is preferable. And it is ready for serve.
#5: Kadhai Chicken
Kadhai Chicken is also one of the popular Indian chicken dishes which is easy and North Indian chicken dishes. This simplicity of chicken curry is loved by many. Kadhai is used for cooking various dishes in the kitchens. Those delicious dishes made in kadhai are also called as Karahi Chicken, kadhai chicken, kadhai mushroom, kadhai paneer, etc.
Kadhai chicken is usually prepared with mild spices for best flavor and adding capsicum makes the dish complete and mouth watering. It is best to have with chapati, roti, rice and naan.
Recipes for Preparing Kadhai Chicken
- You must have chicken ready with boneless or with bone.
- Now, take a fresh tomato, slice them and make a puree or you can directly add tomato.
- Make a cashew paste. To do so, soak cashew into warm water or just ignore and add cream.
- Now, heat the Kadhai along with oil. After that, fry chopped onions and capsicum for about 2 minutes.
- Once it is done, transfer the fried onions and capsicum to a plate.
- On the same Kadhai, fry chili, cumin until you get the golden color adding onions, garlic and ginger paste.
- After that, add chicken and fry for few minutes. After the lid, the Kadhai and cook chicken until it is cooked properly.
- Now, add garam masala or kadhai masala whatever is available along with red chili. Mix them well and fry for few minutes.
- Now, add tomato puree, capsicum, and onions, mix well to bring good color. You can also add cream and then mix well.
- Remember, you must not overcook the Kadhai chicken and keep the onions & Capsicum average.
- Lastly, add garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Kadhai Chicken is ready to serve and taste the delicious home- made curry with family and friends.
So, these are some of the top Indian chicken dishes you would love to eat and keep you enticing all the more. There are many more chicken dishes that will tempt you by its simplicity flavor and good smell. The recipes are simple to put into practical. If you want to eat home-made delicious chicken then why not follow the above mentioned easy recipes and enjoy the delicious food.