Reliance Jio is making quite a ruckus in the telecom market nowadays. Well, the main reason behind this is the unlimited free data usage and free call service. We being the people of this age love to use services that are available for free and Reliance Jio provide us with the opportunity for doing so. But the Reliance Jio SIM is not compatible with all phones.
Only the phones having VoLTE support can use Reliance Jio. Many iPhone users have bought Jio SIM but are not able to use this because of the lack of VoLTE support on their phones. So in this article, I will be telling you how to use Jio SIM in iPhone.
How to get Reliance Jio SIM for iPhone
Well, it is quite easy to get reliance Jio SIM for iPhone. But before you go ahead and buy a Jio SIM you need to make sure that you have VoLTE support on your phone. Though you may have access to Data usage but the free phone calls won’t be available to you.
Reliance is the first company in India to provide the VoLTE support. Reliance has also launched Lyf Phones which comes with a free Jio SIM that has 3 months of unlimited data and calls. The cheapest Reliance Jio Lyf Smartphone comes with a price of Rs.3000, but the Jio SIM that comes with the purchased Life phone is locked with the IMEI.
You can activate the hotspot connectivity and connect your phone to your iPhone and to that and get access to unlimited data. Whereas you can use the Lyf phones to make unlimited calls.
Reliance has provided a list of iPhone mobile phones that are compatible with the Jio SIM. Down below I have provided the list of the iPhones for your convenience. So check them out.
List of iPhone’s compatible with Reliance Jio SIM:
- iPhone 6 (Operator Update Required)
- iPhone 6 Plus (Operator Update Required)
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6s Plus
Well, these are all the iPhones that support the unlimited features of Reliance Jio. So if you own any of these devices check the steps that I have mentioned below for using Jio SIM.
Also Read: How to Use Reliance Jio Sim in Modem
How to use Jio SIM in iPhone
For using Reliance Jio SIM on your iPhones you just need to follow the steps that I have mentioned below. Just follow these steps and you will be good to go.
- First of all, you need to visit the Apple store and download the My Jio App from there.
- After the completion of the download open the App and click on the “Get Jio SIM” button.
- As you have clicked the “Get Jio SIM” button, a unique coupon code will be produced by the App will generate and will also generate a barcode. This Barcode is valid up to three weeks from the date of the generation.
- Now you have to head to a nearest Reliance Xpress /Digital store with your ID proofs like driving license , passport, and 1 passport size photo.
- Then you need to submit the documents and provide them with the barcode.
- They will provide you a form. Fill up & submit the form and select your Jio contact number.
- Now after receiving the Jio SIM you need to insert the SIM in the same phone that you have used to generate the Barcode.
- Call on “1977 “to activate your Jio SIM.
- Once your Jio SIM has been activated you need to get into the My Jio app and then register there for availing the Jio Welcome offer.
- Make sure to install the carrier settings before you start using Data.
Well, this is the only known method of using Jio SIM on your iPhone.
NOTE: In some cases, the Jio SIM might take 48 hours to get activated. So wait for 48 hours before going back to the Reliance Store again.
Reliance Jio provides you with unlimited Data, Voice Calls & SMS and all of this is available to you for free. So don’t waste any more of your time and get your Jio SIM now to enjoy unlimited free data and calls.