DNS Probe Finished No Internet sometimes referred to as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET is a very common error that many Google Chrome users face.
If you are facing the same problem, then there is nothing to worry about it because this error can be fixed with some clever investment of time and by following some steps which I have learned and collected through my experience.
More Fixes: Easily Fixed ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED Error
How to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET in Google Chrome
Usually, this error occurs because of some problem in the default DNS server of your computer, so a replacement of that server with some other DNS servers will usually solve this problem, but in case that doesn’t work for you, I have listed all the possible ways by which you can fix the error.
Before following the other ways follow the basic way to solve the error that is changing the default DNS server.
Change your default DNS server with some other DNS servers
The DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET in your Chrome browser can be due to some problem in the default browser. In that case, the error can be solved by replacing the default DNS server and here is how you can do that.
Google DNS server address is one of the best server address which is also open to use, and it also solves many issues that you might face while browsing on the web.
Follow the steps given below to change your default DNS server:
- Right click on the Network Icon which is located on the right corner of the Taskbar.
- Now select “Open Network and Sharing Center.”
- Now click open the “Local Area Connection” that you are connected to.
- Click “Properties” in the next window.
- Select the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” from the following list.
- Once again click open the “Properties.”
- Next, enable the “Use the following DNS server addresses:” option.
- Type the address as 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 in the “Preferred DNS server:” and “Alternate DNS server:” fields respectively.
- Lastly, check to enable the “Validate settings upon exit” and hit “OK.”
I hope this will resolve the error, connect the internet to your computer and check out whether the problem persists or not. If not then go through the following procedures.
- Clear Browser cache and reinstall browser
If by any chance the problem is not in the default DNS then you might consider clearing the cache of your browser or even try reinstalling it. To clear cache in Google Chrome
- Click on the “customize and control” button which is at the top right corner and then click on settings.
- Scroll down and click on “Show advanced settings.”
- Click “Clear browsing data” placed under the privacy section.
- In the new window check the box that says Cookies and Other site and Plugin data.
- Check the Cached images and files after that click “Clear Browsing data.”
Moreover, reinstalling the whole browser can also solve the problem so, you can try doing that too.
Disabling the Firewall can also help resolve the error
If the above options don’t work, you can disable the firewall. Follow the given steps below to do so:
- Go to “Control Panel.”
- Click open “System and Security.”
- Navigate and click open “Windows Firewall.”
- Select the “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” on the left top side of the screen.
- Choose “Turn off Windows Firewall” options both in Private and Public Networks settings.
- Using Command Prompt
If the problem persists you can use simple command prompts to fix the error.
- Open the Windows command prompt by just typing ‘cmd’ in the search box.
- Type ‘cmd’ and hit ‘Enter.’ The command prompt will automatically open.
- Type the code: netsh winsock reset
- Press enter and restart the whole system
Hopefully, the whole issue will be solved with this step. You can also run the command one by one which hopefully will resolve the error.
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Restart the whole system once you hit enter after typing the above-given commands.
That’s all I hope you have already found a solution to your problem and all of these above-mentioned procedures can help you get rid of the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error.
Run all of the procedures and find out what the root cause of the problem is and I am sure the error will be fixed.