How to Change Facebook Password? Easy Steps in Both Mobile App and Browser
How to change Facebook Password using Desktop?
Facebook runs differently on a different device, so the process for changing the password also have different steps. Here below we are going to discuss the steps for desktop, Android phones and also the iOS device.
Firstly, let us start with the Desktop tutorial. For changing the Facebook password using Desktop, Laptop or PC you should follow the below steps.
Steps to Change Facebook Password
- Open your Facebook account on your PC, Laptop etc.
- Now click the down arrow displaying on top right corner of your Facebook homepage.
- Next, select “Settings“ which will redirect to the Facebook Setting web page.
- From there, click on the “Security and Login” button.
- Now, click “Edit” which is located on the side of the Change Password option on the screen.
- Finally, enter your current password and enter your new password then confirm.
- Click on “Save Changes“ and it is done.
- Go to the Login or Sign-up page on your facebook using PC or laptop.
- Now click on the Forgotten Password and proceed.
- Next, a page will display showing Find Your Account Page.
- Just type your valid email, phone number, then click “Search.“
- Finally, you will either receive password recovery email if you added Email ID or SMS if you enter your Phone number.
- Voila! now you can easily recover and change your current password.
Note: If you don’t add your valid phone number or Email which you have earlier enter during creating Facebook then you won’t be able to recover the password. Hope, you have come to know how to change Facebook password, now check out how to change Facebook password using mobile.
Also read about| Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg Expecting Something Special In 2017
How to change Facebook Password using Smartphones?
- Open your Facebook App and click on the 3-line symbol present above your screen.
- Now setting will appear, Click on the “Settings & Privacy.“
- Next, you will click “General“ and then “Password.”
- Finally, Enter your current and new password and confirm the password.
- Click on “Change Password” to change the password.
In case if you forgot the password, then open your facebook App on your Phone.
- Now click “Forgot Password.”
- You will get a choice for email and phone number recovery option.
- Click either your email id or phone number to proceed.
- If you added Email, you will get recovery Email and if you add phone number you will get recovery SMS via SMS.
- Follow the instructions and start changing the password.
How to change Facebook Password using iPhone or iOS device?
- Open the Facebook app on your iOS device.
- Now login and open the Facebook app
- Next click on the 3Line symbol above the right corner of the screen.
- Then click on Setting, after that, Account setting then Security and Login.
- Now you will enter into the section for changing your Password.
- Enter your current password and then new password to change the password.
- When you are not logged in and forgot the password, then just open the facebook app and enter.
- Now you will find, “forgot password?“ click to proceed.
- Next, you will find an option to add your Email id or phone number.
- Once added click Search to proceed.
- Now you will receive Email or SMS which includes the instruction for changing or recovering your facebook password.
So these are the following procedure on “How to Change Facebook Password?“. And we have discussed the procedure to change facebook password using a different device like- Desktop, Android and also iOS. All the process are slightly different from each other, so don’t get confused; simply follow the process thoroughly and get the right track to change your password and stay safe using Facebook.